This is something I enjoy and have eaten a lot of over the years. I like to have it with well toasted whole grain seeded bread or bran muffins. It keeps for 3 or 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge and if you want an easy make ahead breakfast for guests this looks really pretty in a serving bowl.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 large ripe cantalope
- 2 big handfuls of black or red seedless grapes (or as many as you like)
- 1 Lime cut into 6 wedges
- Cut the top and botton off the melon, stand on a cut side and use your knife to carefully remove the rind.
- Cut the mellon in half and deseed by scooping with a large spoon.
- Slice each half into 1" slices and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Rinse the grapes and then cut each grape in half.
- Combine the melon and the grapes in a bowl and squeeze over a 2 of the lime wedges. Toss gently.
- To serve, devide the salad into 4 individual bowls and top with a slice fo lime or go self serve with the wedges on the side.
- The cut grapes help keep the melon juicy, the lime juice keeps the melon firm and bright and it enhances the flavor. I leave the lime wedges in when storing this salad and squeeze a little more juice onto the melon each time I have some.